Please note that face coverings are REQUIRED at our market.
Governor Cooper's Executive Order No. 147 requires masks in public and also extends phase 2 of reopening for an additional three weeks.
We will continue with 10am–12pm hours each Saturday at least through this extension of phase 2. Everyone attending our market will be required to wear a face covering unless they are under 11 years of age. If you have a medical exception, please know that we offer pre-ordering and curbside shopping to accommodate your needs. Please contact us for personalized assistance.
Please help our organization, and our community, continue to be safe and stay well.
Thank you, Transylvania!
PLEASE CLICK HERE for what we ask from customers at this time.
Please click here for a list of how to contact vendors directly at this time. Many of our vendors are offering delivery, pick up with minimal contact, and other solutions to keeping providing our community with access to fresh, local food and products. This list will be updated as the information is available.
On this page is a list of the vendors you will find at Market this weekend. There is also a map that shows our Market layout and location of vendors.
Please note these new policies in effect at our Market until further notice:
• Walk-up service with vendors with proper distancing. Note that all customers must wear a face covering, enter/exit from one of two locations, and travel the market in a clockwise fashion. Be prepared to wait to enter the market if we are at capacity. Once in the market, look for the chalk lines that will keep you distanced from other customers while in line. Only one customer at a booth at one time.
• Drive-up service from 10am to 12pm on Saturday.
Please pull your car up along the Rice Street side of the market. Look for the tent and signage. Stay in your car and a market employee will approach your vehicle. Hand that person your shopping list and cash or info for your pickup. They will ask any questions to clarify your order and ask you to pull your vehicle up and wait. A runner will make your purchases or pick up your prepaid items and return to your vehicle, placing it all in the back seat or trunk when possible. All market employees/volunteers will wear gloves and sanitize frequently.
• If you do not feel that it is safe for you to visit the market, many of our vendors are offering direct sales and delivery options that limit contact. Please visit our website for that information: http://www.transylvaniafarmersmarket.com/purchase-directly.html
The market will continue to implement the following practices for those who wish to shop themselves:
• A hand washing station will be available for shoppers and vendors;
• Hand sanitizer will be available for shoppers and vendors throughout the market;
• All vendor tents will be spaced to allow for social distancing;
• Customers and vendors are asked to follow the rules listed here.
• Vendors will wear gloves and/or sanitize regularly and they will handle products for customers. They will not be sampling their products at this time or preparing any items on site;
• No member of Market staff or Market vendors will be allowed to attend the Market if they are experiencing illness;
• If you have any questions or need the Market’s assistance in any way, please email us at email@example.com and we will help any way we can.
We take the health and wellness of our community very seriously, and while this may seem like an abundance of caution, we believe that it is better to be safe. Fresh local food is an important part of a healthy lifestyle and we want our community to have consistent and safe access to our local produce and products.
Thank you all for your cooperation and for your support of our Market.
To learn more about the CDC’s health and safety recommendations regarding COVID-19, visit their website here: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
To review the resources available from North Carolina State Extension, please visit here: