As of today, 5/28/20, the Transylvania Farmers’ Market will continue to be open this Saturday from 10am – 12pm, with the measures listed below in place. The state of North Carolina deems farms, agriculture, and farmers' markets as essential services, just like grocery stores. Our market is open at this time with food and farm products only.
PLEASE CLICK HERE for what we ask from customers at this time.
Please click here for a list of how to contact vendors directly at this time. Many of our vendors are offering delivery, pick up with minimal contact, and other solutions to keeping providing our community with access to fresh, local food and products. This list will be updated as the information is available.
On this page is a list of the vendors you will find at Market this weekend with farm and food products. There is also a map that shows our Market layout and location of vendors.
Please note these new policies in effect at our Market until further notice:
In the wake of concern over COVID-19, the Market will be implementing additional methods to help prevent the spread of illness:
• Walk-up service with vendors with proper distancing. Note that all customers must enter/exit from one of two locations and travel the market in a clockwise fashion. Be prepared to wait to enter the market if we are at capacity. Once in the market, look for the chalk lines that will keep you distanced from other customers while in line. Only one customer at a booth at one time.
• Drive-up service from 10am to 12pm on Saturday.
Please pull your car up along the Rice Street side of the market. Look for the blue tent and the signage. Stay in your car and a market employee will approach your vehicle. Hand that person your shopping list and cash or info for your pickup. They will ask any questions to clarify your order and ask you to pull your vehicle up and wait. A runner will make your purchases or pick up your prepaid items and return to your vehicle, placing it all in the back seat or trunk when possible. All market employees/volunteers will wear gloves and sanitize frequently.
• If you do not feel that it is safe for you to visit the market, many of our vendors are offering direct sales and delivery options that limit contact. Please visit our website for that information: http://www.transylvaniafarmersmarket.com/purchase-directly.html
The market will continue to implement the following practices for those who wish to shop themselves:
• A hand washing station will be available for shoppers and vendors;
• Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available for shoppers and vendors throughout the market;
• All vendor tents will be spaced farther apart to allow for social distancing;
• Customers and vendors are asked to follow the rules listed here.
• Vendors will wear gloves and handle products for customers. They will not be sampling their products at this time or preparing any items on site;
• No member of Market staff or Market vendors will be allowed to attend the Market if they are experiencing illness;
• If you have any questions or need the Market’s assistance in any way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help any way we can.
• If you have an interest in preordering through our Market, please contact us at email@example.com . We are exploring options for the future and would like to hear what needs and preferences you have.
We take the health and wellness of our community very seriously, and while this may seem like an abundance of caution, we believe that it is better to be safe. Fresh local food is an important part of a healthy lifestyle and we want our community to have consistent and safe access to our local produce and products.
Thank you all for your cooperation and for your support of our Market.
To learn more about the CDC’s health and safety recommendations regarding COVID-19, visit their website here: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
To review the resources available from North Carolina State Extension, please visit here: