updated 11/27/20 – open this Saturday 9am to 12pm
Don't feel comfortable shopping in the market or want to just shop from the warmth of your car? Shop curbside at no additional cost!
1.) Download menu HERE
2.) Circle choices.
3.) During market hours, pull up to the curbside area along Rice Street and hand choices and payment to a market employee.
4.) They will direct you where to pull up and wait; then retrieve your items.
5.) Items will be placed in your back seat or trunk, with limited contact.
Look for a new menu here every Friday morning. There are lots of other great vendors to visit when you come to the market... see below! But we hope this list of staples helps everyone in our community shop safely as you shop local!
SATURDAY'S MAP and additional vendor info
(link to download a printable version of the map here)
(link to download a printable version of the map here)
Who to expect at Market this week...
A list of vendors and products that you will find available this Saturday from 9am to 12pm.
(For more info on our COVID-19 response and your shopping options, please click here.)
Dried flowers & holiday decor, succulents
BEE, HONEY + HIVE
3 oz wildflower honey = $4
3 oz sourwood honey = $5
12 oz wildflower honey = $10
12 oz sourwood honey = $12
20 oz wildflower honey = $16
20 oz sourwood honey = $18
48 oz wildflower honey = $32
48 oz sourwood honey = $36
Holiday wreaths & greenery
CALEE'S COOPS & MILLS RIVER CREAMERY
Eggs = $4/dozen
1/2 gallon white milk = $4.50
Heavy cream = $4/pint & $6.50/quart
Half & Half = $3.50/pint & 5.50/quart
Chocolate milk = $2.00/pint
Breakfast sausage = $6.50/pound
Links = $7.50/pound
Apples = $6 for 1/4 peck, $12 for 1/2 peck, $18/peck
Choose: sweet, sweet/tart, tart, or cooking/baking
Apple Cider = $4 for 1/2 gallon
DEEP WOODS MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms, chaga, and other mushroom products, dried apples
DRAGONFLY STUDIO & FARM
Eggs, handcrafted leather items and jewelry
Beef, pork, eggs, and molasses
Preorders are recommended as items go fast.
ELI & JOJO'S DOG BAKERY
Along with their grain-free line and their freshly-baked treats, they also have a brand new line of wheat, corn and soy-free treats.
Fresh baked: Cheesy Bacon Zucchini, Peanut Butter Bacon, Bacon Breath Busters, Peanut Butter Pumpkin, Peanut Butter Apple, Cheese Sticks, and Pup Tarts
Wheat, corn, and soy-free: Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter, Pumpkin & Honey, Apple & Honey, Lavender & Chamomile, and Banana & Coconut
Grain-free: Peanut Butter Banana Berry in regular, mini, or large 6” Bone size and Fresh Breath in regular or mini size
Oat Crunchers: small or large sticks
GRASSROOTS FARM & DAIRY
* Lamb – Stop by to learn more about their fresh, frozen lamb.
* Grade A Sheep Milk Yogurt – Made in small batches and they add only the probiotic yogurt culture to the milk. Sheep milk is highly digestible, nutrient dense with higher fat and protein levels and . . . it's really delicious! Sold in pints and quarts.
* Sheepskins – From their small flock of market lambs, these skins are a beautiful by-product. Grassroots does the original skinning and salting and then the skins are shipped to a tannery for the final process. Washable and make lovely chair warmers, seat covers for your car, rugs for a baby to play on, you name it!
* Wool Duvet Inserts – They shear their milking flock twice a year and we use this wool to make bedding and felted sponges. Available now as short and long lap blankets and twin sizes. In a few weeks, they will also have Full, Queen, and King sizes. These duvets do best inside of a cover but they are also washable and sturdy.
* Wool Sponges – A great natural alternative to a regular dish sponge that gets smelly after a short amount of time. Wool is naturally anti-microbial and anti-fungal. They are not absorbent so not great for wiping down counters but they lather wonderfully and work really well on dishes, pots and pans. Best of all when they wear out (after a few months) they can be composted!
* Coming in the future: sheep milk cheese
GREENGO CLEANING CO.
All natural cleaning products
GREEN HEART JUICE
Juices, broth, coconut milk yogurt, and ghee
Option to preorder for Saturday pick up and curbside pick up as well.
Currently featuring apple cider!
HARVEST MOON HANDSPUN
Yarn, winter accessories, felted items, ornaments, bags
THE HEALING EARTH
Herbal medicinal products: extracts, tinctures, syrups, liniments, salves, nasal sprays, teas
HOLLYWOOD'S UPCYCLED DYES
Tie dye apparel, masks, aprons
J & D's DELIGHTS
Jams & jellies and rugelach
Current festive offerings include Cranberry Pecan Bread and Pumpkin Roll
Banana nut bread
Banana nut chocolate chip bread
Lemon blueberry bread
Sour cream coffee cake
Regular loaf = $6 or 2 for $10
Minis = $2
You can also call (828) 577-2391 to place and order and pick up at our Market on Saturday (curbside pick up available too).
KATE'S KITCHEN & RAINBOW GARDENS
Jams & jellies and baked goods, fresh cut flowers and bulbs
15 flavors of jam along with their popular brownies and breads.
Remember you can reserve a bread by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday afternoon.
Hummingbird feeders, ornaments, drinking glasses, bowls
MOTHER NOBLE'S PIMIENTO CHEESE
4 flavors of Gourmet Pimiento Cheese: Original, Jalapeno, Habanero Jalapeno and Habanero. (listed mildest to hottest)
Each container is 8 oz and $7 each including tax. (Or $5 for Military, First Responders and all Medical Personnel.)
MOUNTAIN TREE TREASURES
Jewelry made from local wood
PURE PISGAH HONEY
Honey and candles
PURPLE BUS STUDIO
Handcrafted jewelry and gift items
Dolls, toys, stuffed animals
RIVER BOTTOM BOUNTY CRAFTS
Holiday decor & gift items – including wreaths. Crochet items that include hornet's nests, unihorns, as well as stained glass, acrylic paintings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
RIVER BOTTOM BOUNTY FARM
Seeded Sourdough, Seeded Rye (Wheat Free), Raisin Almond, Simple Sourdough, Multigrain Sourdough
SHELLY'S LASER ART
Engraved coasters, mugs, key chains, holiday ornaments, and other home and holiday gift items
Hand-carved wooden spoons, kazoos, and other items
UDDER MUDDER SOAPS
Goat milk soaps
Jarred meals like gumbo, curry, creole plus stews and soups, dressings, and condiments
Visit their website to see their product line and pricing: vegetablekingdom.com